In keeping with that there are important elements of direct mail campaigns that you must include in order to get the most out of your marketing efforts. For example:
1) Keep it simple. Keep copy simple, direct, short and to the point. Also, use words that motivate.
2) Create bold headlines. Grab the reader's attention and make them at least think about your advertisement.
3) Ask questions. Asking questions is also an attention getter, as the readers of your mailings are likely to pause and think of an answer.
4) Solve their problems. Remember that real estate sales people are in the problem solving business. Your prospects have real estate related problems, and your aim is to have solutions to them.
5) Call to action. Always include a call to action; the prospect must be motivated to respond. Be clear and direct about what it is you want them to do.
6) Choose appealing colors and fonts. Your choice and use of colors, font sizes, white space, etc influences the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns, as does your ability to tailor your marketing messages to your targeted audience.
Marketing mailers, flyers, brochures and post cards are more affordable and accessible than ever, as they can now be easily published from your computer. Or, you can still go the conventional route of purchasing your marketing materials from a third party vendor.
And because they're so affordable small businesses and individuals can wager year round marketing campaigns.
There's no shortage of statistics about the importance of consistent advertising, but the bottom line is that repetition builds recognition. So, when you start a mailing campaign commit to it for the long haul, as it can take 3-7 mailings before the recipients connect the mailings with you and your services, at which time you'll be more than half way there.
So, the main goal of direct mail marketing campaigns is to get your name before as many people as you can, as often as you can, so that when buyers and sellers in your community need an agent they'll think of you.
The more marketing pieces you put into prospects hands the sooner you develop warm and hot leads, prospects ready to do business with you. And the more frequently you do it the more leads you develop for sustaining your career.
Full gloss direct mail post cards can evoke powerful visual images with short, compelling marketing and sales messages - your messages! And with a direct mail marketing campaign you can deliver your sales messages quickly, often and save money doing it.
So, begin a direct mailing campaign when you're ready to
- generate more leads with less time and effort;
- create a steady stream of responsive prospects;
- brand yourself as the agent/business of choice.
Direct mail is a cost effective solution for every budget, and when combined with face to face, website interaction and other marketing strategies is so effective that it can set the tone for and sustain a real estate agent's career.
Repeated mailings of a single, strong direct mail piece is a very effective strategy for real estate agents on limited budgets, and consistently produces one of the highest rates of return on a small to mid-size size marketing budget... and did I mention you'll save time while doing it?
Keeping customers informed of your real estate marketing efforts and successes should be your top priority, and simple, eye-catching post cards can be the solution!
Lanard Perry is the webmaster of "Real-Estate-Marketing-Talk", a real estate marketing site for real estate agents, buyers, sellers and investors. Discover more direct mail marketing ideas at http://www.real-estate-marketing-talk.com/direct-mail-post-cards.html